This New Hampshire Boat and Trailer Bill of Sale Form can be used to transfer ownership of a used boat and trailer from one person to another. The form is specifically for a boat and trailer. Other bills of sale are available for utilities and general duty trailers. It is your responsibility to check with the proper authorities in your state to determine if this New Hampshire Boat and Trailer Bill of Sale Form is legally adequate for your purpose. Legal requirements vary from city to city, county to county, and state to state.
The New Hampshire Boat and Trailer Bill of Sale Form normally includes the name and address of the person transferring the trailer, the name and address of the buyer, the amount for which the trailer is being sold, and a detailed description of the trailer including the VIN number. In some cases the bill of sale is notarized, especially if required by law. When in doubt, have the form notarized.
To register a used boat in New Hampshire, you must provide the following:
- Completed New Hampshire Boat Registration Application
- New Hampshire Boat Bill of Sale Form
- Verification of Vessel Identification if the boat is homemade or when a 12-digit Hull Identification Number (HIN) was not assigned to a vessel manufactured after 1972 or when there is no HIN present for any vessel manufactured for any given year.
- Valid form of identification
Pursuant to state law, a bill of sale for a vessel must include the following information:
- Existing bow number, if any;
- Vessel’s year of manufacture;
- Vessel’s make;
- Vessel’s color (a multicolored vessel shall list the predominate color first on the application and lesser colors next)
- Length of vessel from the bow to the stern, in feet and inches;
- Principal state in which the vessel is used;
- Principal material from which the hull is constructed, such as fiberglass, wood or aluminum;
- Type of propulsion, such as outboard, inboard, electric or sail;
- Type of fuel used for propulsion, such as gasoline, diesel or electric;
- Manufacturer’s hull identification number;
- Whether the vessel has single or twin engines;
- Whether the vessel is used on inland waters or tidal waters;
- Maximum person capacity, as recommended by the manufacturer;
- Signed commercial affidavit issued by the department stating that the vessel is used exclusively for commercial fishing, if applicable;
- Whether the vessel has toilet, sink or shower facilities;
- Total available horsepower;
- Owner’s name, address and date of birth;
- Vessel’s primary use;
- Statement that all information provided is under penalty of unsworn falsification;
- and Signature of owner, or if a company, signature and title of authorized agent.
This New Hampshire Boat and Trailer Bill of Sale Form is available in both Microsoft Word and PDF. PDF is by far the more popular format.
Click the link below to download the New Hampshire Boat and Trailer Bill of Sale Form in either Word or PDF. You will need Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, or an equivalent program to open and edit the document. You may also print the form as is and fill in the blanks by hand.
DOWNLOAD – New Hampshire Boat and Trailer Bill of Sale Form PDF
DOWNLOAD – New Hampshire Boat and Trailer Bill of Sale Form Microsoft Word
DOWNLOAD – New Hampshire Boat and Trailer Bill of Sale Form Fillable PDF
Be sure to read the following legal disclaimers:
The New Hampshire Boat and Trailer Bill of Sale Form and other legal forms available on this website are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranties of any kind including, but not limited to, warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
As a user of this website, you assume all responsibilities and risks for the use of this New Hampshire Boat and Trailer Bill of Sale Form or other legal form offered on this website.
We do not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of the legal forms.
We will not be liable for damages or compensation, whether direct, indirect, or incidental, resulting from the loss of use or profit arising out of or in connection with the use or execution of these legal forms.
Blank Bill of Sale Forms – Bill of Sale Forms by State – Vehicle Bill of Sale Form – Generic Bill of Sale Form