This free printable Maryland Simple Bill of Sale Form can be used to transfer ownership of personal property, animals, and just about anything from one person to another. It should not be used for real estate, boats, or any type of motorized vehicle.
If the item you’re selling has a serial number and/or model number, be sure to include it on the bill of sale in the property description. It is your responsibility to check with the proper authority in your state to determine if this Maryland simple bill of sale form is all you need for the purchase. Requirements vary from state to state and from one city to another.
A bill of sale serves as a record of your sale/purchase. If you operate a business reselling personal property such as furniture or bicycles, the bill of sale will act as your sales receipt. As a personal or business owner, you might decide to resell the property at a higher price and need the document to determine your profit. If the property is later stolen, the document will also verify your ownership as well as the value of the item(s).
This Maryland Simple Bill of Sale Form is available in both Microsoft Word and PDF. PDF is by far the more popular format.
Click the link below to download the Maryland Simple Bill of Sale Form in either Word or PDF. You will need Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, or an equivalent program to open and edit the document. You may also print the form as is and fill in the blanks by hand.
DOWNLOAD – Maryland Simple Bill of Sale Form PDF
DOWNLOAD – Maryland Simple Bill of Sale Form Microsoft Word
We must include the following legal disclaimers:
The Maryland simple bill of sale form and other bill of sale forms available on this website are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranties of any kind including, but not limited to, warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
As a user of this website, you assume all responsibilities and risks for the use of the Maryland simple bill of sale form or any bill of sale form offered on this website.
We do not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of the bill of sale forms.
We will not be liable for damages or compensation, whether direct, indirect, or incidental, resulting from the loss of use or profit arising out of or in connection with the use or execution of the bill of sale forms.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE MARYLAND SIMPLE BILL OF SALE:
- Enter the Seller’s name.
- Enter the Seller’s city and state.
- Enter the Buyer’s name.
- Enter the Buyer’s city and state.
- Enter a detailed description of the item(s) being sold.
- Enter the amount for which the property is being sold.
- Enter the date on which the sale is being made. This is usually today’s date but you might be preparing the bill of sale in advance.
- Under the Seller’s section print the seller’s name, address, and phone number. Do not sign the form unless the Buyer is present and ready to complete the form.
- Under the Buyer’s section print the buyer’s name, address, and phone number. To complete the sale, the Buyer should sign the simple bill of sale.