This Idaho Car Bill of Sale Form can be used to transfer ownership of a car from one person to another. It is your responsibility to check with the proper authorities in your state to determine if this Idaho Car Bill of Sale Form is legally adequate for your purpose. Legal requirements vary from city to city, county to county, and state to state.
The Idaho Car bill of sale Form normally includes the name and address of the person transferring the car, the name and address of the buyer, the amount for which the car is being sold, and a detailed description of the vehicle. In some cases the bill of sale is notarized, especially if required by law. When in doubt, have the form notarized.
To register a used car in the State of Idaho you’ll need the following:
- Completed Application for Certificate of Title
- For out of state vehicles being registered for the first time in Idaho, you will need a completed Vehicle Identification Number Inspection Certificate
- Idaho Car Bill of Sale Form
- Valid form of identification
- Proof of insurance
- The car must belong to an Idaho resident or business.
- The car must be titled in Idaho before it can be registered. (You can apply for vehicle registration immediately after submitting the required documents to a county assessor’s motor vehicle office.)
- If you are a new resident, you must register and title the car within 90 days.
Federal law requires that the seller disclose the mileage of a used car when being transferred to another person. Failure to disclose the actual mileage or misrepresenting the mileage may result in fines and/or imprisonment. Be sure the give the buyer a completed, accurate statement of the car’s mileage.
This Idaho Car Bill of Sale Form is available in both Microsoft Word and PDF. PDF is by far the more popular format.
Click the link below to download the Idaho Car Bill of Sale Form in either Word or PDF. You will need Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, or an equivalent program to open and edit the document. You may also print the form as is and fill in the blanks by hand.
DOWNLOAD – Idaho Car Bill of Sale Form PDF
DOWNLOAD – Idaho Car Bill of Sale Form Microsoft Word
Be sure to read the following legal disclaimers:
The Idaho Car Bill of Sale Form and other legal forms available on this website are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranties of any kind including, but not limited to, warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
As a user of this website, you assume all responsibilities and risks for the use of this Idaho Car Bill of Sale Form or other legal form offered on this website.
We do not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of the legal forms.
We will not be liable for damages or compensation, whether direct, indirect, or incidental, resulting from the loss of use or profit arising out of or in connection with the use or execution of these legal forms.