The totally free California Boat bill of sale acknowledges the assignment of control of a used motorboat from the owner to the new owner. The required information includes the make and style of the motorboat as well as the length and hull ID number. As the seller of the boat, you have to understand if you have a title to the boat. Boat title laws are different in every community. , if you have the boat title you must give it to the purchaser.
The specific bill of sale likewise features facts relating to the motorboat motor and motorboat vessel trailer. You can skip those portions or enter N/A if the motor or trailer is not also included in the sale. Do you unquestionably need the California Boat bill of sale? You might perhaps need to have that bill of sale as confirmation that you transferred the boat to someone else. If there’s any doubt over the ownership or transfer of the residential or commercial property, the Boat bill of sale will be your optimal defense. What occurs if you sell the vessel to someone who drives straight to a pond, puts the watercraft in, and injures a swimmer while the watercraft is still registered in your name? You better hope you have that bill of sale handy to confirm you sold it.
Generally, every sail-powered vessel over eight feet in length and every motor-driven vessel (regardless of length) that is not documented by the U.S. Coast Guard which is used or on the waters of this state are subject to registration by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The vessel must be located in California.
Vessels previously registered in other states must be registered in California within 120 days of being brought into the state, if it will be used upon California waterways the majority of the time.
The term vessel applies to every description of water-craft used or capable of being used as a means of transportation on water, except the following:
- A seaplane on the water.
- A watercraft specifically designed to operate on a permanently fixed course and guided by a mechanical device that restricts the watercraft’s movement to the fixed course.
- A floating structure that is designed and built to be used as a stationary waterborne residential dwelling, which, (a) does not have and is not designed to have a mode of power of its own, (b) is dependent for utilities upon a continuous utility linkage to a source originating on shore, and (c) has a permanent, continuous hookup to a shoreside sewage system.
The following vessels do not have to be registered in California:
- Vessels propelled solely by oars or paddles.
- Nonmotorized sailboats that are eight feet or less in length.
- Nonmotorized surfboards propelled by a sail and with a mast that the operator must hold upright.
- A ship’s lifeboat (a dinghy is not a lifeboat).
- Vessels currently and lawfully numbered (registered) by another state that are principally used outside California.
- Vessels brought into California for racing purposes only (exempted only during races and tune-ups).
To register a boat in California you will need to complete the following:
- Application for Registration Number Certificate of Ownership and Certificate of Number for Undocumented Vessel
- California Boat Bill of Sale Form
- A bond for the vessel value if proof of ownership cannot be provided and the vessel’s value is $2,000 or more.
- Valid form of identification
We supply the totally free California Boat Bill of Sale Form in Microsoft Word and PDF formats. The MS Word file will promptly download so inspect the folder where transfers are housed on your personal computer system or smart phone. The PDF will open in a different window so you can print or grab it.
This California Boat Bill of Sale Form is provided in both Microsoft Word and PDF. PDF is by far the more preferred format. The Word version is the most convenient to modify. If you run a used watercraft dealership or sell a few watercraft on the side and are constantly writing out a bill of sale for your customers, you ought to utilize the Microsoft Word document. When you have actually included your business information to the document, you will not have to do it again whenever you make a sale.
Click the name of the bill of sale below this paragraph to save the California Boat Bill of Sale Form in either Microsoft Word or PDF versions. Utilize the print function on your home computer or internet browser if you pick to print the bill of sale form from our online site. The Microsoft Word file will instantly download. Look at the location where downloads are housed on your computer.
DOWNLOAD – California Boat Bill of Sale Form PDF
DOWNLOAD – California Boat Bill of Sale Form Microsoft Word
DOWNLOAD – California Boat Bill of Sale Form Fillable PDF
This positively free California Boat Bill of Sale Form along with all different other bill of sale legal forms supplied on this particular website are provided “as is” without particular or restricted warranties. This limited, yet is not decreased to, warranty of merchantability or fitness for any kind of sort of specified usage.
The positively free California Boat Bill of Sale Form was not created by an attorney at law or law professional. It is your responsibility to figure out if the bill of sale form is effectively appropriate for your circumstances. You have to likewise make sure that the form is adequately made out and likewise notarized and/or witnessed if required.
As a user of this site, you assume all responsibility in addition to responsibility for utilizing and executing this particular California Boat Bill of Sale form. We do not assume any type of legal obligation or dedication for the correctness or effectiveness of the document.
By saving, printing, or making use of this California Boat Bill of Sale form, you accept that we will not be held answerable for losses or economic damages, whether direct or indirect , emerging from the loss of use or loss of earnings deriving from the utilization or executing of the bill of sale form or the form template furnished absolutely free on this online site.