This Animal Bill of Sale Form can be used to transfer ownership of an animal from one party to another. The form is specifically worded for an “animal”. In the description you can enter the specific type of animal you’re selling. We offer other bill of sale forms for the sale of a cat, kitten, puppy, dog, or horse. This bill of sale form is specifically designed for the sale/purchase of an animal.
The Animal Bill of Sale Form includes the name and address of the person selling the animal, the name and address of the buyer, the amount for which the animalis being sold, and a detailed description of the animal itself. In some cases the bill of sale is notarized, especially if the buyer and seller and not familiar with each other. When in doubt, have the form notarized.
This Animal Bill of Sale Form is available in both Microsoft Word and PDF. PDF is by far the more popular format.
Click the link below to download the Animal Bill of Sale Form in either Word or PDF. You will need Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, or an equivalent program to open and edit the document. You may also print the form as is and fill in the blanks by hand.
DOWNLOAD – Animal Bill of Sale Form PDF
DOWNLOAD – Animal Bill of Sale Form Microsoft Word
Instructions For The Animal Bill of Sale Form
- On the first line enter the amount for which the animal is being sold
- On the second line enter the Seller’s name
- On the third line enter the Buyer’s Name
- On the appropriate lines enter the animal’s name, breed, DOB, sex, color, registration number (if any), and a brief statement of the animal’s health.
- Enter the date on which the sale will be effective.
- In the Buyer’s section print the Buyer’s name, address, and phone number
- In the Seller’s section print the Seller’s name, address, and phone number.
- To finalize the sale, both the Buyer and Seller should sign the document.
- If the document is to be notarized, have the notary public complete the Notary Certificate page.
- Both the Buyer and Seller should retain a copy of the bill of sale.
Be sure to read the following legal disclaimers:
The Animal Bill of Sale Form and other legal forms available on this website are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranties of any kind including, but not limited to, warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
As a user of this website, you assume all responsibilities and risks for the use of this Animal Bill of Sale Form or other legal form offered on this website.
We do not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of the legal forms.
We will not be liable for damages or compensation, whether direct, indirect, or incidental, resulting from the loss of use or profit arising out of or in connection with the use or execution of these legal forms.